Disinfection of the spring-time®420 pro device is recommended every six months and after a longer period of non-use (from approx. 14 days). For disinfection use H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) in 3% solution. You can get the hydrogen peroxide in every pharmacy and many drugstores.
- Remove the front panel from the device (magnetic holder) and remove it downwards.
- Unscrew the prefilter (left filter cartridge) by hand and pull it downwards.
- Fill the water tank to the top with tap water (approx. 1.8 litres).
- Pour 100 ml H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) in 3% solution into the water tank.
- Place the vessel under the water outlet (water is produced during the disinfection process.
- Press the start/stop button for five seconds. The display will show a counter that counts up to 5 seconds. Then the display will show "REF". Please release the push button.
- Now the disinfection process begins - it takes approx. 15 min.
- The device carries out disinfection autonomously and switches off automatically.
- Caution: Health risk! Pour water out of the water tank (400 - 600 ml) and the container (approx. 1.2 - 1.4 l). Rinse water tank and vessel thoroughly. Place the vessel under the water outlet again.
- After disinfection, please do a normal water cleaning twice (fill the tap water into the water tank and let it run through as usual). This will rinse everything again. Please pour the water away each time (2x).
- Manually screw the prefilter into its original position.
- Reinsert the front panel.
- The device is now ready for use again.